Friday, January 30, 2009

My friend, Billy Shaffer, is appearing in "The Million Dollar Quartet" at the Apollo Theatre in Chicago.  It is a musical about a December day in 1956 when Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, and Jerry Lee Lewis had an impromptu "jam" at Sun Records Studio in Memphis, Tennessee.  I had the opportunity to see the show this week and it is fabulous!  I really want to take my two teenage sons to see it.  I know they will enjoy the music.  It's only about 90 minutes long with no intermission (which is great for me because I have never been able to sit still longer than a few minutes at a time).  :-)
The musicians are great, especially the guy who plays Jerry Lee Lewis!  I was exhausted just watching them!  The box office number is 773.935.6100 and the Apollo is located at 2540 N. Lincoln Ave.  Easy to get there and there is usually plenty of parking.
Here's their website:
http://www.apollochicago.com

You really should go!

No comments: